Thursday, August 25, 2011

water water everywhere, but little i can use


Sooo… the plumber who can't be over 23, but with 10 years experience, I'm dripping with envy and bile for this motivated focused show off,  has informed me that the cost will be somewhere over elevety billion to fix the pipe.  I'm also being confronted with the fact that despite my attempts to ignore the bald tires on my jeep they are indeed tread bear and will have to be replaced for ohhh… lets say 6 million. After my health insurance premium this leaves around 4 pairs of converse for my hypothetical salary from the car lot. The hypothetical aspect stemming from the fact that I don't actually get paid until we sell a car. So its not much of a salary, but more like a commission that I might get partially paid out depending upon how much sympathy my father has for my situation.  At this rate I'll be able to afford to get back to Tahoe in uhh.. 4 months or maybe by 2012 depending on the economy which doesn't look good.

Speaking of which this economy or lack thereof is definitely taking its toll on my model family. This is the family I like to hang out with because well, their awesome and also because I enjoy the comfort of knowing that somewhere there exists a success story of "how its supposed to be." None of us actually know this strong family unit with two perfect children that we saw on TV, but this one made and unholy pact with a traveling salesman and achieved it. However, there seems to be more financial trouble in paradise and no megusta.  If this hard working, struggling, yet loving family can't get assistance make ends meet and not have their utilities turned off, how are the rest of us supposed to have any hope of achieving a financially secure future? I'm not going to turn this into a political blog, but I have little hope for the direction of our country due to poor foresight and greed.

Now back to my petty housing issue. Yesterday, was able to practice with the Tulsa roller girls. I forgot just how drenched hair can get in a helmet in over 90 degrees with oklahoma humidity, mmm... yummy!  Wish after my hour long drive back to bville I could stop at one house for a shower, laundry and bed, just not there yet.  You'll just have to take my word for this one. I'm not going into the complications of why between 3 houses none have all these amenities. My mother continues to remind me that the plumbing is a one time expense. However if memory serves home ownership is just full of exciting one time expense opportunities.  In fact, she just called to say she's figured out how to solve my built in the 1940's kitchen woes. I wasn't aware I had a major kitchen dilemma at this time. My biggest complaints are hygiene related. Still she enthuses, I can simply gut the kitchen and start over. She is certain this is the best solution. Tear everything out and rearrange the plumbing, cabinets and appliances.  I tell you what mom… as soon as I can get a drink of water, wash my goat ass smelling derby gear or work clothes for the rest of the week and shit in one place, I'll get right on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment